Tuesday December 7th 2021
Board of Management News
• The Board of Management would like to remind parents again not to park in the yellow box outside the school when dropping off and collecting children and not to reverse or turn your car outside the front of the school. Parents are encouraged to park in the church car park to ensure the safety of all our school community.
• The Board of Management have carried out its Annual Review of our schools Anti-Bullying Policy and have ratified a new child Safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment. These documents will be available on our school website in the coming days.
• Due the rise of COVID-19 numbers, the Board of Management have installed HEPA filters in all classrooms. We would like to remind parents not to send their children to school if:
1. If they are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
2. If another family member has tested positive for Covid-19 or is awaiting the results of a PCR test.
3. Please find a link below to the HPSC latest isolation quick guide for parents:
• The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) has recommended the wearing of face masks/coverings by children in 3rd class and above in primary schools on a temporary basis. Please find a link below for the latest FAQs issued by the Department of Education yesterday:
Other School News
• Thank you to everyone who has paid the €15 for our Music Generation classes from 2nd to 6th class.
• Our school has been awarded an Active School Flag after three years of hard work by Ms. Farrell and our Active School Committee. Well done to all involved.
• Our new school website is up and running. It still is a work in progress but we are very happy with how it looks so far. We are still using the same address:
• We are now taking enrolments for Junior Infants for the 2022/2023 school year. Admissions Forms are available in the “Parents’ Info” section of our school website or from the school office. The closing date for enrolment is February 26th 2022.
• The Parents’ Association are holding a CHRSTMAS JUMPER DAY (Non-Uniform Day) on Friday December 10th. The children are asked to wear their Christmas Jumpers and to make a donation to help facilitate the visit of Santa Claus to our school.
• Well done to Margaret Lawler (6th), Ríona Flynn (6th), Aron Foley-Doran (5th), Daniel Kealy (4th) and John Cogan (SenInf) who were prize winners in the Credit Union Poster Competition.
• As a reward for the children’s hard work since we returned to school in August, the children will receive no written homework next week. The children will be given extra reading tasks instead of their normal homework.
• The school will close on Wednesday December 22nd at 12.30 pm for the Christmas Holidays. I would like to take this opportunity to wish the entire school community a happy and peaceful Christmas and a healthy 2022.